the random scats of a thoughtered soul in transit

15 January 2009

25 random facts

This is to help you get to know me better - and for me to get to know you better, too. So after you read these 25 random facts about me - make your own!! tag some people while you're at it...
I tag... Searching for Creativity, Pilgrim and a Stranger, the lone ranger, and ginger at home.

1. i like to eat ice cream before i go to bed.
2. i like to read john grisham novels. a lot.
3. i have a proclivity to write in lower case letters all the time.
4. i am writing a book. no, really, i am. if it ever ends up on paper and out of my mind, however, is a c.o.m.p.l.e.t.e.l.y. different topic.
5. my cat likes to sleep on her back. it's weird. oh, i like cats. i have one. she's silly.
6. i am teaching myself greek. it's a whole new world out there when you add another language...
7. i tutor people in latin. i convince them it's not a dead language. it is just hibernating...
8. i like talking to random strangers about random things at random times... random...
9. i know more useless information about a coffee bean than any one person would ever want to know.
10. i think i may be the old lady wearing purple with cats running around, tending to her garden and giving away tomatoes to people one day whilst spouting off latin. it shall be my 'secret ingredient' as to why my tomatoes are so tasty.
11. i am *attempting* to memorize the book of james this year. note: attempting.
12. i would l.o.v.e. to work with wycliffe some day soon, translating... i think it would be the best job ever for someone like me who has a near unhealthy obsession with the languages...
13. i have five plants, and i haven't killed them yet. be amazed.
14. i have a bible i read in latin and greek. people look at me weird when i do, tho.
15. while i do not like really hot weather, i do not like really cold weather, either. however, this does not stop me from eating ice cream before i go to bed. i may be sitting in an igloo freezing my big toe off, but i will eat that ice cream, i tell ya...
16. i'm a big girl! i want a big girl car! (aka, i watch too much television. the little girl on the commercial with the red hair in ringlets just nodded her head yes, she agrees. she's a big girl, too. if this doesn't make sense, you're in luck: you must not watch too much t.v.)
17. i prefer to buy my pants at the salvation army. usually, from the men's section. women's pants never fit me right. stupid pants.
18. i am convinced: all scales lie. especially those that i am attempting to weigh myself upon.
19. i have never broken a bone, but i have sprained my ankle about... six times.
20. i invented a new word during a speech about multiple sclerosis in front of 600+ people, completely on accident... "please forgive me here, my scats are a bit thoughtered..." yeah, about five people caught it. uh, duh...
21. my new favorite (tea) drink is a london fog with soy milk and sugar free vanilla at starbucks. dang that siren. it's her fault. or the anorexic calorie-counting barista who recommended it.
22. i have always said i would rather freeze to death vs. being burned alive, but after experiencing -9 temps tonight, i think i may reevaluate my priorities... and i vow to never live in minnesota during the winter.
23. i have been terrified of clowns most of my life. and my dad was a clown with the shriners. no connection. go figure.
24. i write poetry. i rarely let people read it, though.
25. i am making a quilt out of my dad's clothes. he had some pretty cool pajama pants!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Homework on a Saturday! Man! ;)

Hanson Crew said...

How fun..we might be calling you next year when we start learning Latin....oh, I also vow to never live in MN during Winter and I think I much not watch much tv cause I still don't get the red hair thing even though I read it twice! Glad I got to know ya better.