the random scats of a thoughtered soul in transit

09 March 2009

Am I a yoke-fellow with my Lord?

I was reading Chambers My Utmost for His Highest this morning. He is incredibly quotable! A few things jumped out and slapped me for the better...

"Many today are spending and being spent in work for Jesus Christ, but they do not walk with Him. The one thing God keeps us to steadily is that we may be one with Jesus Christ."

"Never try to live the life with God on any other line than God's line, and that line is absolute devotion to Him."

"The certainty that I do not know--that is the secret of going with Jesus."

"Our Lord wants us to be yoke-fellows with Him."

Do I know what it means, truly, to be a yoke-fellow with my Savior?

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

No comments: